Candles can be a serious fire hazard if not used properly.
The following tips are to help minimize your risk when burning candles in your home:
Always use the lid that came with the candle as a heat-resistant candle tray, because the jar will eventually heat up very well.
Be sure the candle is placed on a stable surface.
Burn candles away from things that can catch fire, like – bedding, curtains, decorations, clothing, pets and hair.
Burn a candle within your sight.
Burn candles out of reach of children or pets.
Avoid touching or moving a candle when the wax is liquid.
Follow the burning instructions on the caution label that came with your candle.
Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
Make sure all candles are completely out (extinguished) before leaving the room.