top of page


Candles can be a serious fire hazard if not used properly.

The following tips are to help minimize your risk when burning candles in your home:

  • Always use the lid that came with the candle as a heat-resistant candle tray, because the jar will eventually heat up very well.

  • Be sure the candle is placed on a stable surface.

  • Burn candles away from things that can catch fire, like – bedding, curtains, decorations, clothing, pets and hair.

  • Burn a candle within your sight. 

  • Burn candles out of reach of children or pets.

  • Avoid touching or moving a candle when the wax is liquid.

  • Follow the burning instructions on the caution label that came with your candle.

  • Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.

  • Make sure all candles are completely out (extinguished) before leaving the room.

bottom of page